Welcome. Since our first newsletter we have;
- Held an Open day at The Village Hall
- Organised a number of visits to The Green Light Trust
- Researched a number of local energy alternatives
- Taken some steps to help reduce present energy consumption
- Established some land-share arrangements
- Distributed free potato, onion and bean seeds to local growers
- Made arrangements for Energy Performance Certificate surveys
- Obtained a supply of ‘OWL’ electricity consumption monitoring device
- Obtained a supply of low energy light bulbs
- Researched the planting of an orchard
- Regularly manned a stand at the Farmers’ Market
- Formed a Community Interest Company to carry our work forward
- Joined the Eastern and National Transition movements
To recap; the aim of Transition Lavenham is to help Lavenham become more self -reliant on local sources of energy, food and services. We aim to do this by expanding our membership to include all local interested parties and by becoming a focal point for all matters green.
To this end we are inviting you to become a member of Transition Lavenham if you would like to help support our work. You can do this by completing the application form on the back of this letter and returning it to the Village Hall. Alternatively you can print out the form or obtain more forms for other members of your family from our web site atwww.transitionlavenham.co.uk . Membership is free and, apart from the obvious ‘feel-good’ factor we hope to provide some member benefits from things like group buying practices in due course. Transition Lavenham Community Interest Company is a non-political and not-for-profit organisation. Arrangements are being made for it to become a charity.
On Saturday 28th November at 5 p.m.we are holding a second public meeting in the Village Hall (our first was in November 2008). We plan to have a speaker from Transition East as well as representatives from various energy saving and environmental interests. The evening will provide an opportunity to find out what others are doing as well as the chance to meet members of the Transition Lavenham steering committee for a further update on progress. Light refreshments will be available.
In the meantime you can contact any of the Steering group members for further information or see us at the monthly Farmers’ Market.
We look forward to seeing you on the 28th November and hope you will be persuaded to join us in this important initiative.
Chairman, Transition Lavenham Community Interest Company